Addiction comes in many different shapes and sizes. That’s what makes it so hard to beat. Thankfully, near treatment options like experiential therapy see to be helping. These methods work off of established programs and expand their range. Therefore, you should understand our experiential therapy program and how it can help you. Doing so could break your addiction’s grip on you for good.
What is an Experiential Therapy Program?
Experiential therapy is an extension of talk therapy or psychotherapy. It focuses on expanding beyond merely talking about your problems. Instead, you will role-play, work through guided imagery, and use other sensory apparatus to gauge your mental state. Options for treatment under this heading vary quite heavily. Often, these options may seem unrelated to each other, though they fall under the same title.
For example, equine therapy – or taking care of and riding a horse – is often part of an experiential therapy program. However, art and music therapy also falls under this heading. And any kind of adventure therapy, such as hikes or camping, is also experiential. As a result, your care options may seem more complicated than you may have initially understood them to be for your care.
The main goal behind an experiential therapy program in TN is the idea of letting go of your worries. You will focus more on what you are doing rather than what you are thinking and feeling. As a result, you can feel less anxiety and fear. Importantly, you can also experience higher levels of joy than usual. Therefore, you may find overcoming addiction easier to handle.
What are the Benefits of An Experiential Therapy Program Nashville TN?
Going through experiential treatment provides many unique benefits that include:
- A calmer mind and body
- A more natural focus on your recovery
- Experiences that you will treasure forever
- New skills that you may carry with you
Often, these activities serve as a useful alternative therapy for those in addiction. And an experiential therapy program eliminates the downtime that may occur in rehab. Keeping the mind busy will decrease symptoms of depression and cravings. As a result, you may find recovery easier to handle.
What Should You Consider When Choosing Experiential Therapy?
Finding an experiential therapy program doesn’t have to be a complicated process. There are many different options from which you can pick. However, the best choice is ultimately up to you. Start by asking yourself a series of questions to gauge your addiction severity. Doing so will help you understand these other elements more thoroughly, such as:
- Underlying mental disorders – Work with a psychologist to figure out what underlying problems may trigger or influence your addiction
- Substance abuse issues – You should make sure that you choose an experiential therapy program for addiction that is based on the substance abused
- Assess center location – Do you want to be near an addiction treatment center, or would you instead travel to one to alienate yourself from potential triggers?
- Program comfort – Ask yourself how comfortable you feel in this type of program and what kind of activities go best with it
- Stay options – Do you want to go through inpatient treatment or do you think outpatient works best for you?
- Aftercare options – Focus on finding aftercare when you are done to ensure that you can stay focused on your overall recover
If you are careful and focused, you can find an experiential therapy program for addiction that serves your needs. A large number of people go through this treatment program every year. And many walk away from your habit for good. As a result, you should seriously consider the benefits of this option. You may find that it works for you when other methods do not.
Where Can You Get Experiential Therapy Treatment?
If you are interested in an experiential therapy program, please contact us at Recovery Ranch. Our experts have years of experience helping people like you succeed. We strive to create a high-quality and professional experience for each of our clients. Critically, we also work to make your recovery as comfortable and engaging as possible. Call 1.844.876.7680 today to learn more. You can also verify your insurance to ensure you get the best results.