Rehab Cost: Paying for The Ranch
We accept most major PPO insurance plans to help cover the cost of treatment. Our specially trained admissions team has years of experience working with insurance companies and will handle all of the back and forth with them to determine the specifics of your coverage. We work directly with your insurance company so you can focus your energy on treatment and recovering. The cost of treatment at The Ranch mental health and addiction treatment center is based on each client’s level of care, individualized needs and treatment plan. Contact our admissions advisors at 1.844.876.7680 for an estimate of treatment costs based on a free, confidential consultation. The Ranch treatment center works with many PPO insurance plans to help offset the cost of treatment. Your insurance plan may cover a large portion of treatment for alcohol and drug addiction, process addictions and mental health disorders. Call our recovery advisors today for a free insurance benefits check. We’ll do all of the legwork so you can focus on getting better.
Find answers to some frequently asked questions about mental health and alcohol and drug rehab insurance coverage below.
How do I know if my insurance covers residential treatment?
If your insurance plan covers residential treatment for mental health disorders and addiction, it will include a component called “mental health and substance abuse coverage.” The easiest way to determine what type of mental health and substance abuse insurance coverage you have is to call our recovery specialists for a free benefits check. Once you provide your insurance details, we’ll call your insurance provider and work with them directly, to determine exactly what mental health and substance abuse benefits you’re eligible for under your plan. We then reach back out to you to discuss how the benefits are applicable for care in our program, as well as deductibles met, co-insurance and out of pocket expenses not covered under your plan.
What happens when I call for an insurance benefits check?
We’ll assist you in managing the logistics – the process is swift, simple and free:
- Phone consultation – Speak with a recovery specialist about what’s been going on, so they can recommend treatment options that fit your needs and preferences.
- Benefits check – Once you decide which treatment option you prefer, a team member will contact your insurance company to determine the details of your coverage applicable: including deductibles met, co-insurance, out-of-pocket expenses or applicable non-covered care.
- Estimate – Using the information from the conversation with your insurance company, we’ll provide a treatment cost estimate which considers any out-of-pocket costs (outstanding deductibles, co-insurance, non-covered care). An insurance deductible is the amount your insurance requires you to pay before they begin covering the costs for care: For example, if your deductible is $1500, you’ll pay for the first $1500 of treatment service costs before your insurance starts paying their portion.
- Treatment services review – All services we provide must be authorized by the insurance company. This however is not a guarantee of insurance payment, as all payment is subject to eligibility and other terms of the benefit.
- Concurrent review and continued stay certification – Most insurance policies today require ongoing communication from the treatment facility utilization management team and the managed care review department at your insurance company. This is done to ensure your healthcare dollars are being used appropriately. This communication may be required weekly or daily, and is contingent upon the requirements of your insurance policy.
- Medical necessity for care – All insurance policies have their own policy requirements, which may allow them to certify an admission or continuation of care. Each insurance policy is unique and governs how treatment stays are initially reviewed after admission and subsequently certified. Please understand that admission authorization or concurrent treatment certification is not a guarantee of payment to the treatment facility. All care is governed by insurance policy requirements, insured and dependent eligibility, and terms of the contractual agreement between the insurance company and the person insured. What does “in network” mean? Healthcare providers that are “in network” with your insurance company typically will be more affordable, as they have negotiated agreed upon rates for care with physicians, therapists, or mental health and substance abuse facilities. For example, an out-patient therapist who usually charges $120 per session might be contracted with an insurance provider to only charge them $70 per session. The insurance company is able to pass the savings along to its members. In-network providers are also known as preferred providers or participating providers.
What are “out-of-pocket” costs?
These are costs not covered or reimbursed by your insurance company.
Will my insurance benefits cover my entire length of stay?
It depends on your insurance provider and what it considers “medically necessary.” Our treatment team will conduct a thorough review when you enter treatment to assess your physical and mental health. We’ll then make a recommendation on the length of stay we feel is appropriate based on the severity of the presenting symptoms. We’ll communicate with and submit all the required documentation to your insurance provider. Please note that each insurance company has different requirements about what is considered “medical necessity.” Our recommendation for how long you stay is not a guarantee your insurance company will approve the same length of stay.
Do I need to submit insurance claims for treatment?
No. Our billing department will handle all the paperwork. We submit bills directly to your insurance provider.
Will I know out-of-pocket costs before entering treatment?
After we determine your insurance coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment, we’ll provide a detailed estimate of any out-of-pocket costs you are likely to incur. We’ll also keep you updated throughout treatment should that amount change. Please note that an estimate is not a guarantee of costs.
What if my insurance won’t cover treatment?
If you don’t have insurance coverage or your insurance provider does not cover mental health and addiction treatment, you have a couple of options:
- Self-pay – You may pay mental health and substance abuse treatment costs out-of-pocket at the self-pay rate.
- Step-down level of care – We can help you determine if your insurance provider will help pay for outpatient mental health or substance abuse treatment. We encourage you to discuss this with your recovery specialist. They have relationships with many facilities and providers throughout the nation, and are solution focused. Our recovery specialist will work with you to find the next best treatment solution should your insurance company benefits or financial ability not cover the cost of residential care in our facility.
What if I decide to use my insurance later?
You may request to use your insurance upon discharge. Our central billing office will provide a comprehensive statement to the address provided as a courtesy to you. However, once treatment has begun, it is unlikely to receive certification for services to be covered. It is best to work with you and your insurance company at the beginning of your treatment and increase the possibility for coverage for your care. Call The Ranch at 1.844.876.7680 today to learn more!