At The Ranch, we welcome clients from all faiths, cultures and backgrounds. Whether a client has a strong devotion to a particular religion or spiritual practice, is looking to explore their spirituality, or has negative feelings around spirituality or religion, we meet them where they are and offer spiritual support in a sensitive, personalized way.
We offer spiritual ceremonies, services and practices for many different faiths. We also work with clients to help them find spiritual services and communities that suit their beliefs so they can continue to work on their spirituality both in and after treatment.
What It Is:
Our faith-based programming includes:
- Life’s Big Questions, a gender-specific group that explores questions about life and faith from a Christian perspective
- A Journey Through James, a rotating 12-week Bible Study centered on the Book of James
- Weekly church service
- Off-site visits to Synagogue
- Partnership with local rabbis to support clients’ spiritual growth
- Observance of the Sabbath for all Jewish clients
- Kosher food and food storage
- Meditation and mindfulness groups
- Self-compassion practice
- Gender-separate half-day mindfulness retreat
- Native American and ancient healing traditions, including a sweat lodge, medicine wheel and Toltec Recovery Wisdom
- 12-step work
- Frequent integration of nature as a means to spiritual connection
How It Helps:
Spiritual practices can help clients gain valuable insights into the underlying causes of their destructive behaviors and give them the power to forgive themselves and others. Spiritual exploration can also help clients make peace with their pasts, which is an essential part of being able to move forward in recovery.
By giving clients the opportunity to explore their spirituality, they’re able to better connect with themselves and their higher power, setting a strong foundation for recovery.
Additional benefits include:
- Increased connection with self, others and a higher power
- Deeper insight into life purpose
- Increased feelings of peace and contentment
- Deeper commitment to change and personal growth
- Decreased symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Increased ability to feel positive emotions like joy and gratitude