The Ranch PA Family Day
Clients’ family members are encouraged to attend our monthly Family Day. This is a warm and welcoming experience where loved ones can get questions answered, learn about addiction, and discover how they can help their addicted family member and themselves. Highlights include:
- Addiction education – Family members learn about both the apparent and subtle ways they’re affected by their loved one’s addiction and mental health issues.
- Self-care – Loved ones learn ways to take care of themselves by setting healthy boundaries and taking care of themselves.
- Role playing – Staff members act out some common scenarios that families with addicted loved ones may have experienced. They also act out the stages of recovery clients go through while in treatment.
- Helpful resources – A representative from Codependents Anonymous (CODA) answers questions and helps families understand that they are all affected when there are mental health and substance use issues within the family system. Family members learn about resources they can tap into that can help them recover.
- Self-awareness in recovery – Family members learn to recognize unhealthy patterns they might fall back into when their loved one returns home from treatment and improve communication.
- Connection with others – Loved ones interact with other families who share similar experiences. This can help family members feel less isolated. Some develop friendships with other attendees who they can lean on for support.
Lunch is provided and loved ones have visitation time with their family member at the end of the day’s programming.