When friends are texting and calling, trying to get you to go out to the bar, it can be hard to stick to your sobriety goals. It’s important to have ideas for fun sober activities so that you can enjoy your social life while still sticking to your recovery plan. At Recovery Ranch TN, we help our clients come up with ways to continue enjoying life, even though drugs and alcohol are no longer in the picture. Let’s take a look at some fun sober activities that you can try next time you’re looking for a healthy way to have some fun.
Fun Sober Activities
Staying sober doesn’t have to mean missing out on fun. Check out these ideas for enjoying your weekends without drugs or alcohol.
- Sporting events. Whether you attend a local minor league baseball game or score great seats to check out Monday night football, attending a sporting event can be a fun way to get your adrenaline pumping without setting foot into a bar.
- Live music. Concerts and other live music events are a great way to socialize and enjoy something new. It may be smart to stay away from live music events in bars. Use your judgment and talk to your counselor or sponsor about what makes the most sense for you.
- Adult sports leagues. Some fun sober activities may include sweating it out with other people who share a passion for a sport you love can be a great way to have fun and spend time with others.
- Travel. If you used to shell out money on booze or drugs on the weekends, save it up and hit the road. You don’t have to break the bank – simply traveling to a new city an hour or two away with a friend can be an exciting new experience.
If you find that someone is pressuring you to drink or use drugs when you’re staying sober, remember, you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone (unless you want to). It’s ok to say that you’re driving, taking medication, have to get up early, etc. Your sobriety is your choice, and someone else’s decision to judge your choice says more about them than it does about you.
Treatment At Recovery Ranch TN
If you’re thinking about getting treatment for substance abuse, you’re taking the first step toward a healthy, happy life. It may be difficult to find or come up with fun sober activities in recovery. Also, we understand how hard it can be to ask for help. But we’ll be by your side every step of the way. When you start treatment at Recovery Ranch TN, you’ll meet with a counselor who will work with you to create a treatment plan that makes sense for your needs. Many of our clients find that they have success employing several of our treatment options, including:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
- Experiential Therapy Program
- Family Therapy Program
- Individual Therapy Program
- Nutrition Therapy Program
- Relapse Prevention Plan
As you progress through your treatment plan, you’ll meet with your counselor regularly to discuss the next steps to keep you making efficient progress toward recovery. We understand that your needs may change as you progress through treatment, and your plan is not set in stone. We’ll be with you to meet your changing needs as you work toward a happy, healthy life.
Ready To Get Sober? We Can Help.
Are you tired of waking up hungover, wondering where your money went, and wishing your life was different? We get it. We’re dedicated to helping our clients live their healthiest, happiest lives. So we want to help you find fun sober activities in recovery. We believe in your ability to heal and recover, and we’re here to help you take the first step. If you’re ready to change your life, give us a call at 1.844.876.7680.
You’ll talk with one of our caring admissions counselors about how our programs can help you get your life back. We know that it isn’t easy to ask for help. But we also know that you wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t thinking about making a change. You don’t have to live one more day in the chokehold of addiction – recovery is possible. Pick up the phone and take the first step toward the rest of your life.