The women’s eating disorder program at The Ranch treatment center is a safe, accepting place where clients are nurtured and begin to heal from the underlying emotional, psychological and trauma wounds that fuel disordered eating behaviors.
Comprehensive Care for Eating Disorders
Our program is small and personal, with no more than 15 clients at any time so we can provide a high level of personalized care for women age 18 and older who suffer from:
- Weekly individual sessions with a primary therapist, ancillary therapist and registered dietitian
- Complete meal-time support with clients learning to prepare and plate their meals followed by after-meal processing to explore each client’s relationship with food
- Individualized treatment planning and weekly treatment team staffing
- Experienced trauma therapists trained in healing deep trauma wounds that often accompany eating disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) groups to assist with emotion regulation
- Relational work with food, body and self
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Brainspotting, Hakomi and other ancillary therapies designed to reduce anxiety and response to emotionally charged memories
- Brené Brown’s The Daring Way™ shame resilience curriculum
- Medical and psychiatric care by an onsite medical team that includes a board certified psychiatrist, board certified internal medicine specialist, psychiatric nurse practitioners and 24-hour registered nursing
- Comprehensive family program that includes weekly family therapy sessions and a three-day family workshop
- Experiential therapies such as equine-assisted psychotherapy, adventure therapy, expressive art projects and music therapy
- Exposure to life experience/social learning model activities, including restaurant outings, grocery outings, dessert groups and others
- Special emphasis on mindfulness
- Integration of mind, body and spirit as a part of treatment and recovery
- Participation in outside self-help groups, including Emotions Anonymous and Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Optional faith-based services and group discussions, if desired
The Eating Disorders Team
Our team is known for its skill and dedication. Collectively we have decades of training and experience treating eating disorders and co-occurring conditions. Clients benefit from specially trained, master’s level therapists, dieticians, nutritionists, physicians and psychiatrists with years of experience treating eating disorders.
Peaceful Setting that Supports Healing
Surrounded by the tranquility of nature, our eating disorder treatment home is nestled next to a picturesque, working pasture with horses grazing near our barn and indoor equine center. Living arrangements are warm and inviting, with comfortable bedrooms, a welcoming dining area and a state-of-the-art culinary kitchen providing a view to area wildlife. To learn more about eating disorder treatment at The Ranch, call 844-876-7680.
Equine Therapy for Eating Disorders
Our eating disorders program is unique in that we offer equine-assisted psychotherapy administered by two master’s level clinicians who are also equestrians.
Meet Hank, the therapy horse
Hank is an important part of our eating disorder program. He is a wonderful therapy horse, but he has “eating issues” and has to be fed special grain three times a day. The clients and staff have adopted Hank and he lives in the pasture behind the house with his best friend Albert, the donkey.
The clients and staff are responsible for feeding Hank his special food every day. This therapeutic service project allows our clients to take responsibility for helping Hank, who in return, thrives on the care provided by his friends.
This relationship is rich in metaphor and provides another avenue for us to work with our clients. The joy and lessons in recovery that Hank and Albert bring make them treasured members of The Ranch eating disorder program family