Anxiety Disorders Treatment
Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
Ready to release the hold anxiety has on your life? The Ranch offers compassionate, evidence-based anxiety treatment. Recover in home-like comfort with peers sharing similar struggles. Call us today to learn how we can help: 844-876-7680
How We Treat Anxiety
We treat anxiety from a whole-person approach that considers the physical, emotional and spiritual deficits caused by the disorder. Diagnosis and treatment of anxiety disorders begin with thorough assessments. This helps us tailor your treatment plan to your specific needs and preferences.
The Ranch mental health professionals:
- Determine your type of anxiety problem (ie., generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, etc.).
- Assess your physical and psychological health.
- Determine if there are co-occurring disorders like substance abuse.
- Assess other underlying issues like trauma.
These initial assessments guide your treatment plan, which may include:
Treatment of anxiety disorders includes individual counseling. The Ranch therapists are trained in treatment approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy that help you better manage anxiety and stress. They’ll help you address underlying issues that cause anxiety symptoms. These may include past trauma, unhealthy relationships in early life, and low distress tolerance. You’ll build a trusting relationship with your counselor. Individual therapy sessions provide a safe space to discuss topics you’re not comfortable sharing in group yet. You can also delve deeper into your specific issues.
Group Therapy With Other Clients
Some clients feel uneasy about group therapy at first but often find it to be one of the most rewarding experiences of inpatient rehab. We provide several small therapy groups daily. You’ll hear from peers struggling with anxiety and related disorders. Sharing with others helps you build confidence and learn the value in open, honest connections. A mental health professional leads each group. They’ll guide you and your peers through topics relevant to what you’re going through.
Appointments With Our Psychiatric Team
An imbalance in brain chemicals can contribute to anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. Pharmacotherapy for anxiety is sometimes necessary to correct this imbalance and help manage anxiety symptoms. Patients with anxiety will meet with The Ranch psychiatric staff to determine if anti-anxiety medications can be useful.
Types of anti-anxiety medications may include:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) – Research shows MAOIs are particularly useful for treating co-occurring anxiety and depressive disorders.
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) – Clinical trials show that SNRIs are effective in managing long-term psychiatric conditions like anxiety disorders.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs) – These drugs are most commonly prescribed to treat major depression. Recent research reviews shows their effectiveness in treating anxiety disorders like obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobia, panic disorder and PTSD as well.
- Tricyclic antidepressants – Though SSRIs are generally the preferred antidepressant to treat anxiety, tricyclic antidepressants are also an effective treatment option in some cases.
Attention to Co-Occurring Disorders
People with psychiatric disorders are at increased risk for issues like substance abuse. If you have one mental health condition, you’re also at risk for other psychiatric disorders. The Ranch provides comprehensive treatment for the range of mental health issues our clients experience. We’ll assess you for co-occurring disorders that may complicate recovery, and create a treatment plan that tackles those issues.
Our mental health professionals are trained to treat conditions like:
- Substance abuse
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Mood disorders like major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder
- Co-occurring anxiety and depressive disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Intimacy disorders
Support for Your Family Members
Mental health disorders like anxiety impact the entire family. Treatment of anxiety includes family therapy as appropriate. The Ranch also offers family days and family programs. Loved ones learn how to support you as you recover from your behavioral health issues. You’ll address difficult topics with the help of a mental health professional. You and your loved ones will learn to communicate better and move forward with supportive relationships.
Alternative Treatments For Anxiety Disorders
The Ranch offers a number of experiential therapies and alternative medicine approaches. These treatment options teach you to manage anxiety levels through methods beyond talk therapy.
Alternative approaches at The Ranch may include:
- Mindfulness meditation
- Equine therapy
- Adventure therapies
- Trauma therapies
- Native American healing traditions
- Relaxation techniques
- Art and music therapy
From day one you’ll learn healthy coping skills and techniques for reducing anxiety. These practices will help you well after you’ve left inpatient anxiety treatment. We’ll also make sure you have resources in place to support you when you leave residential rehab.
Aftercare planning may include:
- Behavioral therapy appointments with a licensed counselor
- Appointments with a psychiatrist for medication management
- Resources for traditional and alternative treatments for reducing anxiety
- Support groups
- The Ranch alumni group
Where Will I Live During Rehab?
The Ranch treatment centers feel more like homes than medical centers or treatment facilities. You’ll live in bungalow or cottage-style houses with en suite bathrooms. Private rooms are available. Our treatment centers are furnished with comfortable beds, chairs and sofas. Residences and gathering areas include pleasing decor. Soothing views of surrounding nature offer ample opportunities for self-reflection and spiritual connections.
Does Insurance Cover Inpatient Anxiety Treatment?
Inpatient mental health care may be covered at all or a large portion of the cost. Some insurances may require you meet a deductible before benefits kick in. Others may cover anxiety treatment at a certain percentage of the price. The Ranch recovery advisors can help you determine what treatment benefits you’re eligible for under your plan. We’ll work directly with your insurance provider and give you an estimate of out-of-pocket costs. Call us today for a free, insurance benefits check: 844-876-7680
What’s the Admissions Process Like?
We know entering inpatient anxiety treatment feels daunting. Our recovery advisors make sure the process is as stress free as possible. We’ll help you with all the logistics. Here’s how it works:
- Call our recovery advisors and chat briefly about what’s been going on with you: 844-876-7680.
- Receive recommended treatment options based on our conversation.
- Provide us your insurance information so we can check your benefits.
- Get an estimate of out-of-pocket costs after we speak with your insurance carrier.
- Decide on a date to enter residential rehab.
We can help you with tasks like figuring out travel plans. Our recovery advisors can also offer tips for having conversations about leaves of absences from work or talking to friends and family about entering treatment.
Live the Life You Want
Life-changing anxiety treatment is a phone call away. Receive effective treatment from a team of mental health experts. Get time and space away from stressors so you can focus on yourself and getting better. Call The Ranch today. We can help: 844-876-7680