Meloxicam is a prescription drug that belongs to the class of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It treats pain and inflammation caused by arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other conditions. While the drug is generally considered safe and effective when used as directed by a healthcare professional, it can be abused. Knowing the signs of meloxicam abuse and why it is essential to seek addiction treatment programs can help if you suspect someone is struggling with meloxicam abuse.
At Promises Recovery Ranch, we offer a range of addiction treatment programs that cater to each individual’s unique needs. Our team of experts works closely with our clients to provide evidence-based therapies and interventions to support their recovery.
If you or anyone you know is struggling with meloxicam abuse, reach out to us today at 1.844.876.7680. We believe that recovery is possible, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Signs of Meloxicam Abuse
While meloxicam abuse is not as common as the abuse of other prescription drugs like opioids, it is still a cause for concern. Some of the signs of meloxicam abuse include:
- Taking more than the prescribed dose – Individuals who abuse meloxicam may take more than the recommended dosage to increase the drug’s effects. This can lead to serious side effects and overdose.
- Using meloxicam to get high – Meloxicam abuse can produce a euphoric high, which is why some individuals may take the drug recreationally even if they do not have a medical need for it.
- Combining meloxicam with other drugs – Individuals who abuse meloxicam may also mix it with other drugs to enhance its effects. This can be dangerous and can lead to serious health problems.
- Obsessively thinking about meloxicam – Those who are struggling with meloxicam abuse may become preoccupied with the drug, spending a lot of time thinking about when they can take it next.
- Needing more meloxicam to achieve the same effects – As with any drug, individuals who abuse meloxicam may build up a tolerance to it over time, meaning they need higher doses to achieve the same effects.
It is important to note that these signs may not always indicate that someone is struggling with meloxicam abuse. However, if you notice these behaviors in someone and suspect they are abusing the drug, it is essential to seek help.
Why Seek Addiction Treatment Programs?
Addiction is a disease that affects millions of Americans each year. Addiction to prescription drugs like meloxicam can be hazardous, as it can lead to serious health problems and even overdose. Addiction treatment programs provide individuals with the resources and support they need to overcome their addiction and achieve long-term recovery.
At Promises Recovery Ranch, we offer a range of addiction treatment programs for individuals struggling with addiction to meloxicam or other prescription drugs. Our programs include drug and alcohol detox, inpatient residential rehab, partial hospitalization programs, and aftercare programs. We also offer a range of therapies, including individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and trauma-informed care.
Call Promises Recovery Ranch Today for Help
If you or someone you know is struggling with meloxicam abuse, it is essential to seek help as soon as possible. At Promises Recovery Ranch, we offer personalized addiction treatment programs tailored to the individual’s unique needs and goals. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to helping individuals achieve lasting recovery and improve their overall quality of life.
If you want to learn more about our addiction treatment programs, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 1.844.876.7680 or online. We are here to help you take the first step towards a healthier, happier life.