Everyone deals with stress from time to time, and stress management techniques can vary widely from one person to another. Some stress management techniques are healthy, while others cause more stress down the line. If you feel like stress has caused your life to spiral out of control, it may be time to get professional help to learn more about stress management techniques. At Recovery Ranch TN, we’re proud to offer our clients help to learn the tools they need to keep stress in check. Let’s take a look at some of the best stress management techniques for when life feels overwhelming.
Stress Management Techniques
Like most things in life, stress management techniques can take some practice. Reminding yourself to pause when you feel stressed simply can be enough of a break in your automatic thought patterns to help you remember to give one of the following techniques a try.
- Grounding. This technique is simple – it’s all about bringing your attention back to the present. One grounding technique is to find five things in the room of a certain color, followed by five things of another color (for example, finding five red things, then finding five blue things). Another technique is to focus on each of your senses. List three things you can hear, three things you can see, etc. Bringing your attention back to what’s happening can help your brain to realize that you aren’t in danger, which can help calm you in moments of stress and/ or anxiety.
- Sweat it out. Exercise releases endorphins that can help to combat stress. Thus, it’s an excellent stress management technique. Even if you don’t have time for a full workout, a ten-minute walk around the block can work wonders in changing your mindset and helping you deal with stress.
- Control your environment. Making your environment pleasant can help stop stress before it starts. Calming smells, a clean workspace, and colors that you enjoy can all help put you in the right headspace to deal with stress healthily.
- Professional help. Talking to a therapist is a great way to make sense of any stress that you’re dealing with. Getting professional help doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you; rather, it means that you’re taking control of your life.
Treatment At Recovery Ranch TN
When you choose to get treatment at Recovery Ranch TN, we understand that you’ve made a life-changing decision by asking for help. While it can feel like your stress management techniques have spiraled out of control, you’re taking a huge step in the right direction by admitting that you need someone to step in and help you get your life back on track. When you start treatment with us, you’ll meet with your counselor to develop a treatment plan that makes sense for you. Many of our clients employ several treatment modalities to help them make efficient progress. Some of our treatments at Recovery Ranch TN include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
- EMDR therapy program
- Equine therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Individual therapy program
- Experiential therapy program
Call Us – We’re Here To Help.
If you realize that you’ve been managing your stress in an unhealthy way, we know how hard it can be to reach out for help. At Recovery Ranch TN, we never judge. We understand that life can get overwhelming, and many people turn to unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with. When you start treatment at our facility, you’ll gain the tools and stress management techniques you need to get your life back on track.
Recovery is a learning process, and we’ll be there with you every step of the way. When you decide you’re ready to make a change, pick up the phone and call us at 1.844.876.7680. You’ll talk with one of our admissions staff who will walk you through the process. There’s no pressure to start treatment if you don’t feel ready. You can just information to help you decide if what we offer could be a good fit for you. Recovery is possible, and you deserve a happy, healthy life. Don’t wait one more day to reach out and get the help you need.